WHAT’S NEW FOR NOVEMBER 2020
This month’s new content and channel layout for November 2020:
Be sure to watch the video with details for this month’s focus areas and read the tips below for getting the most out of the channel.
THIS MONTHS FOCUS AREA:
1) GoPro Channel Section – GoPro View for Added Learning
2) Quick Start Guide
3) Post Your Videos
GOPRO VIEW FOR ADDED LEARNING:
This month, we will continue our journey through the section titled “GoPro View for Additional Learning,” This month, we focus on the new 10 part series for “I Went Down Easy.” This is a song that we have focused on before, found in the SONG PKS section. This time, we will take a look down the guitar’s neck with a GoPro to see with greater detail some of the techniques that I’m using to play the song.
Students have asked for examples for how to incorporate various guitar techniques into their playing throughout the years— many techniques are difficult to teach and hard to see from a front view camera angles. A GoPro mounted on the headstock, pointing down the guitar’s neck, gives you a front-row seat to the interaction between the left and right hand and their interaction with the neck in the guitar’s body.
Section: GoPro View for Added Learning
* This month, I’m adding “I Went Down Easy” to the list of songs in this section.
Last months focus:
– 12 Bar Blues in the Key of E (10 new instruction videos)
– Guitar Techniques – Tips & Tricks (5 new instruction videos)
– Finger Exercises (8 new instruction videos)
NOTE TO NEW STUDENTS!
QUICKSTART GUIDE: If you’re new to the channel, be sure to work your way through the section titled “Quickstart Guide” first. There is a ton of information in the section, and it’s a great way to begin your journey through the “Cutting Edge” channel materials.
Section: QuickStart Guide
– Everything You Need to Know in Two Pieces of Paper! – Part 1
– Hey Joe – electric guitar – Part 2
– Hey Joe – acoustic guitar – Part 3
– 12 Bar Blues in the Key of E – Part 4
POST YOUR VIDEOS:
I’d love to see some video footage on you soloing over the rhythm track of your choice! IF anyone is brave enough to post yourself playing— that would be sweet! Don’t be shy!
Have a great month, and play hard!