WHAT’S NEW FROM THE CUTTING EDGE – JANUARY 2021
This month’s new content and channel layout for January 2021: Join Now!
Be sure to watch the video with details for this month’s focus areas and read the tips below for getting the most out of the channel.
THIS MONTHS FOCUS AREA:
1) What guitar toys did you get for Christmas? Guitar Gear— effects, amps, guitars?
2) NEW – Monthly One Hour Zoom Calls!
– I’m inviting ALL students from the channel to join me for a monthly 1-hour virtual Q&A.
Live calls will be held via the Zoom platform. Calls will be held on the 2nd Wednesday of every month, at 8 PM EST.
3) Blues in the Key of A – continued with a focus placed on My Baby’s Gone Crazy.
– Review all songs in this folder, placing your focus on “My Baby’s Gone Crazy.”
– Note: You can find in-depth teaching of this song in the SONG PK section.
4) Post Your Videos
WHAT GUITAR TOYS DID YOU GET FOR CHRISTMAS?
If you got any guitar gear for Christmas, please share it with the community on the forum, and feel free to add photos and talk about gear! Note: Gear will be a key focus this month!
NEW MONTHLY ONE-HOUR VIRTUAL LIVE Q&A VIA ZOOM!
I’m excited to announce that I will be hosting a one-hour virtual call each month via Zoom to answer questions you might have and talk about gear! I want to know who you are, see what questions you have, and find out first hand how I can best serve the community as I add new material! The calls will be recorded and added to the channel. These calls are free as part of the basic monthly subscription! Starting in February, I will be adding a second-tier that will include replays of the calls and lots of extras. I’ll share more details later this month before the launch!
NOTE: I’ve added a folder to the channel titled “MONTHLY CALLS – VIRTUAL Q&A,” and here you will find the Zoom link for each call, notes for our time together, and any additional resource materials you might like to review before our call! Check it out— I’ve added a new recording for you to hear!
Our first call will be:
Time: Jan 13, 2021 08:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: TrueFire Guitar Q&A – Guitar Gear, Developing Your Signature Sound!
BLUES IN THE KEY OF A:
This month, we will continue our journey through the section titled “GoPro View for Additional Learning,” This month, we continue our exploration into “Blues in the Key of A.” This series targets My Baby’s Gone Crazy, Tears Like Rain, Red House, and Crossroads— please place your focus on “My Baby’s Gone Crazy.” When you’re ready, you can find in-depth teaching of this song in the SONG PK section.
POST YOUR VIDEOS:
I’d love to see some video footage of you soloing over the rhythm track of your choice! IF anyone is brave enough to post yourself playing— that would be sweet! Don’t be shy!
Reminder: There are three levels to the channel.
1) $5 subscription gives you access to over 475 video, tab, rhythm tracks.
2) $39 subscription gives you access to all channel materials, plus one private video exchange lesson with me.
This is an ideal way to get advice on your practice routine and feedback on your playing.
3) $99 subscription gives you access to all channel materials, plus weekly private video exchange lessons with me.
Please know that I’m available for one-on-one private lessons via Zoom, Skype, or FaceTime. I’m here to support you in whatever capacity you need!
Have a great month, and play hard!